Sunday, September 2, 2012

Labor Day Weekend... almost over....

Good evening!

Just another update!

a newest information that I commented regarding Nick's audition for Shakespeare Team at Hillcrest High, this is what I commented:

Nick learned he didn't get into Hillcrest's Shakespeare team :( .... We learned that some of his close friends got.in! Way to go!! We will for sure try to go & see their show in October!!

I saw this in their blog, this is what their director Mr. Long said:

PS---9 th Graders, it looks like Hillcrest theatre has an awesome future in your hands. I look forward to working more with you next year! Thank you so much for coming out and auditioning!

Now we are so PROUD of Nick!! And excited for him!  He has other ambitions to focus on!

Today was an unique day!! We got to go and listen to our sweet niece receive her baby blessing.  So beautiful!!  Then we had wonderful 'brunch' - really a luncheon... delicious sandwiches, potato salad, chips, krispie rice cookies, lemon cheesecake and of course cold drinks.  We got to visit with family members of my brother-in-law, been a while since I last saw them!!

Then tomorrow we will celebrate LABOR DAY!!  I cannot wait!! We had an eventful weekend!!

Friday night, I got to go and had a nice, simple break having a 'girls sleep-over' with my sisters & mom  (yep, we do!!, and of course, I am not young and still we get to be silly!! :) )... we went out to dinner at the Claim Jumper, I had really good dinner.  We got to go to Granny's Drive-In which I have never been ('shame on me, I know!!), so delicious!! They have a funny 'famous' saying from their Granny, 'Life is Short, Eat Dessert First!'... good thought!! I had of course my favorite candy bar, Reese's Candy Vanilla Shake. Yummy!

We went and hang out at my sisters' home, chatting the night away, we even try to 'recreate' the picture we did back then when we went on our first vacation to California as a family.  It was so hilarious, almost similar, just that all of us are so GROWN-UP... we had our own laughs!! Pictures to come soon....

then went to sleep, I didn't know (I knew of the weather)... that it had been raining all night with lightning and thunder, my sisters couldn't sleep and was concerned.. interesting...

we didn't get to go to the Swiss Days, I guess because of the weather but I got to go to one of the coolest neighbor shops called 'Water on the Moon', awesome stuff there!!  I got some neat stuff!!  One thing I laughed my head off was one of their product, a coffee mug: "D.I.E.T. Did I Eat That?" I almost got that, maybe next time!!

One thing I love about this trip is the ride up there and ride home from there, is the view, there are FALL foliage all over the mountains already!! gorgeous!! I need to grab my BOYS and have our family pictures taken SOON!!!  (Pictures coming soon!)

Last night, I was surprised by the boys when they cleaned their bedroom, with the help from Grandpa!  WOW!!  It felt good!! :) (& Thanks Grandpa too!!)

Then we got to see Mirror Mirror as family, funny movie and great story!!  then the boys went to bed, while my honey & I was ready to watch an action movie when all of the sudden the power went out.   I got in touch with my Dad and I later learned that the transporter which held all the power for our 'rows' of houses got hit with lightning was badly damaged and had to be fixed.  So, we had to use candles to see, and of course, we use our cell-phones' light to see as well.  Lucas was sound asleep.  Parker was readying to go to asleep until the power went out and scared him, we went and got him.  the 4 of us sat together and waited for my parents to come home and find more about whats going on.  we later learned that it won't come on until early morning.  (it came on at 530 am the next day).  so we sat together and quietly ponder about things, Mike was already tired and went sound asleep.  Nick was studying his scriptures by the candlelight, it was inspiring to see that.  Same with Parker as he sat with me and we sit together quietly for a while until we are ready to go to bed.  We waited about an hour.  The power went out at 10 p.m.

This makes me ponder about the things, especially the worldly things that we have and how we take them for granted.  I am grateful I have the candles that we can use, and of course for our cellphones that we can use for the 'light', and for the calm that we all have and knowing we can be safe and be relaxed.  Can you imagine back in the old times when all those who used the candles for the light and I bet they wished they had some kind of 'power' or electricity like we have now.  Just be grateful with what you have and don't take for granted.  Never know it can be taken away from you.  Ponder about that.

Just that I am so grateful for my sweet honey, my silly 3 musketeers, my supportive loving sisters, my watchful parents and for the time I have spent with them for a LONG time. And hope to continue for a long time on.

Happy Labor Day!  I am looking forward to a special day tomorrow! I will tell all about it tomorrow night!  I made a promise to myself that I can use this Family Blog like a Journal so I can share with my 3 musketeers and have them appreciate what has been happening and maybe others can appreciate as well as they can share with others too!

Good night!!

Annie 

No comments: