Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Labor Day Fun!!! September 3, 2012

Woke up before 6 a.m. to go fishing at the Sandy 'Pond' by the River Oaks Golf Course in Sandy with Parker.  We lost track of time and came home after 10:45 a.m. with no fish (as Parker is feeling disappointed, but is looking forward to our 'future' trips there!!)... Oh, don't we have plenty of stories to share with you!!

We were obviously the first one there, arriving at the ummm... I kept losing the words... that's right, dock... sat down there as one other guy with his 2 boys arrived.  About 20 minutes later, few people arrive later, sitting around the pond... we were looking around enjoying the sight, the sun wasn't even out yet.  We arrived there about 6:25 a.m.  The sun finally came out at 7:34 a.m.  Pictures to be shown here soon...

It was chilly, of course, not sure of the temperature, like a Fall Chill.... we could see the fog creating around the pond, even there was a playground near by, it has fog!!  Creepy but 'purty'....

We had alot of 'close' calls... Parker kept getting frustrated, I kept encouraging and patiently asked him to be 'patient', but it's impossible to do that with a 9-year old ADHD kiddo!!  We had so much fun, looking around, then as soon as the sun came up, we walked around, we saw someone caught a fat rainbow trout.  We moved to sit the 'opposite' side of the dock and in the shade, we sat next to quite few people (they have had their bait waiting in the water for a while)... then we had alot more close calls again!! Parker asked me to throw the bait for him with the pole, so I did, when I did, I did so well, that one good fish jumped out, and I felt a teeny bite, but wasn't enough to 'pull' yet, then we saw the pelican going over that area, and 'stole' that jumpy fish!! Parker was like hey! that's my fish!! What a story!!  He begged me to try one more time, so I did, whoops, the bait flew off the line, the line broke!!  I felt so bad!!  The people next to us lend us a used bubble to use, really nice of them.. so we tried again.  Alot more close calls again!! 

Then those people who lend us the bubble, caught huge catfish!!  (in my thought I went Uggh!! but I was surprised!! that the pond has catfish, I thought only few like Trout (few kind), I can't remember other kind I think minnow something like that).. but that catfish was huge, like longer than Parker's own arm!!  seriously!!

Then I checked the time on my phone after taking so many good pics, obviously my sweet honey asked if we were ok as we have been gone over 4 hours... oops!! we were having so much fun!!... so we were talking to getting ready to leave etc... Parker begged to stay until 'he get a fish...'... I said that everyone is going swimming!!.. He said fine!! and asked if we could come back later.. we plan on that.. so.. we felt so good having so much fun there.. and we stinked!! seriously!!  my hands were so gross from all that red bait eggs... I was so surprised... even if I used alot of the anti-bacterial lotion, still not enough!!... oh brother!!

We came home and hurriedly changed to go with my family & my parents & go up to Heber to join my sisters swimming.  First we stopped at Cafe' Galleria to 'listen' to Kellie, Melissa and one of their friend singing as their daily events.  Enjoyable moments!!  Then we stopped by to say hi to Nan. She looks great and then went over to the girls' home to go swimming.  Katie, Kurt & Rubie came & joined us.  Rubie was so cute!!  We went swimming for a while..of course Parker kept trying to be like Michael Phelps (his hero)... I am being patience.  Luke is doing good in the water.  Loves to jump of the side and make huge cannonballs!  Nick just being Nick :)  We had alot of games in the pool with Sissy. It was fun!!  Mom & Dad just sat out in the shade watching us & relaxing...

Then all of us left to come home and have our traditional Labor Day dinner.  RJ, Stephanie & her sweetie joined us.  Kristie, Josh & their girls Brooklyn & Emily came as well.  The dinner was so good.  We got to celebrated Katie's & Brooklyn's birthdays as well.

The funniest part of this night was when the 'bug zapper' was being used.  the flies was 'bugging' us.  so we try to use it to get it.  Kurt was experimenting it with others. Silly him.  With the carrot,  and even squealed!!  it actually shocked (not him, but the carrot...)... then few minutes later.. he actually 'caught' two stones in one, meaning a bee & a fly.  really!  so Dad & I teasedly said that the bee & a fly were sweethearts & being silly about that. 

the boys were disappointed that they missed it, so later on, Kurt got a moth, and showed to them zapped the moth with it.  Poor Moth. 

Then the most memorable part of the night, was one of my favorite part!!  Our family pictures!!  we try to do that as much as we can!!  We did it outside on the steps, we did so silly , simple, nice, so.. we will see how it goes.. we did our family, 7 of us, girls with mom, girls with dad, boys with dad, whole family.  ...

that's the day.
 

























No comments: