Thursday, August 30, 2012

a VERY much needed UPDATED post!!

Well!! It's been way TOO long since I last posted in this family blog! I believe it was back in 2009! Oh boy!

Since we have Facebook, text messages, emails, community activities, family parties, a lot has been caught up especially on Facebook. But hey I realized that some people don't have Facebook. So I better get started on the family blog, especially if I want to share more information or share more 'news'.  What better way to do that than on a family blog huh?

I will have to find a whole bunch of pictures to get 'caught up'.  Mike is now working at ARUP Lab, almost 5 years this year.  I am still a homemaker, with an 'awesome' job, being a caregiver of my favorite nieces (I wish I could also babysit my other favorite niece Rubie too!, I will some days!!) while their mom teaches!!

The boys are DEFINITELY growing and growing!!

Nick is now 6 feet tall (that is with shoes...), yep! He's 14!! Oh man! He knows he has to respect me still!

He is a true Thespain, loves to dance and sing and very actively performs! He just auditioned for Shakespeare Team at Hillcrest High School, we are now crossing fingers he will get a part! His middle school, Union Middle School will be doing another play this year, High School Musical Jr, which of course he will audition for and he hopes to get an awesome part as well. Especially after that great part he got last year at the Beauty & the Beast Jr where he was Lumiere (he's perfect for that!!)

He also performed for the Sandy Arts Guild (Honk Jr. - Father Goose; Suessical the Musical - Who; Willy Wonka Jr - James, the candy boy; High School Musical, Jr. - J something, thespain; Once on this Island Jr - Ton Ton Julian and recently Aida - Egyptian Soldier & Minister) and also last summer he performed for the Midvale Arts Guild which I performed with also in All Shook Up!  He has many many experiences!! We are so proud of him!!

Lately he has been attending the Learning Circle (TLC) where he learn to dance, ballet, tap (yes!), musical/theater/dance, sing and being part of the Company.  He loves going to the studio and being part of them!!

He is growing and getting very very smart!! This past year, he has earned 4.0 GPA all year.  He s now taking 5 (I believe) Honors classes.  I know he is so smart and working so hard.  We are so proud of him!! He has great goals and life as he tries his best!!

Next is Parker.  Soon to be 10 years old.  He is in 4th grade, now in the newest school, Peruvian Park Elementary (good reason - the district will go through the boundary changes next year... just to be ready!!).  He is so ambitious!!  He now has ADHD and he is learning to live with it.  We are learning along with him.  We are so proud of him.

He loves to be active in sports especially basketball.  He just did a season of Jazz Jr. Basketball, even he got to be picked to go and be one of the players as inpirational players, we got to go and watch the volunteer teams play for fun, and even met some players, he even got to play a fun game where he got to keep a HUGE shoe of one of the UTAH JAZZ player (Paul Millsap)... size 16).... ! seriously!! He now is getting very interested in swimming.  With the recent events from the London 2012 Summer Olympics, Michael Phelps is now 'his hero'!  That's what Parker wants to be!  Didn't you know that Michael has ADHD too?  That motivates Parker and makes him feel good and that he knows that there are other people with same problems as him.  That Parker can overcome and accomplish as Michael did.

Now is the perfect time for Parker to TRY!!  We are HERE to support him!!

He is so brilliant especially in reading! Even if he is in 4th grade, he is now reading '6th' grade level! I felt like that I wanted to tell the boys to 'slow' down, but TIME do fly by fast!! Use those time preciously!!

Lastly but not least .... our sweet and talkative little guy Lucas!  Soon he will go to Kindergarten!! for me a big BOOHOO!!  My boys are surely growing up and 'leaving the nest soon'!!  He is learning so fast!!  He is improving his sign language skills and so fun to watch!

He is very active and also love to help out with the girls while I care for them.  He loves to color, write his names whenever he can.  He LOVES to use puzzles.  We like to play dominoes too!!  He likes to put them up and knock them down too!!

We loves to read together.  He loves to watch movies, especially if I watch with him.  It's fun!!

He loves to follow and play with Parker as Parker did with Nick.  Lucas did express interests in playing baseball (he is good)... we are thinking of putting him in PeeWee baseball next spring.  He also said he wants to be like Nick (theater)... so we are thinking of him participating in some kind of program somewhere like at school.  Depending.

Alot of things going on, and yes I am now a TAXI MOM!! I couldn't believe how much driving around I was doing everyday this week!!

It's fun!!

I will be posting the pictures soon! Especially some from the Facebook, and of course Instagram!!  Great APP!!

Love you guys!  I'll keep posting whenever I can!  This weekend is Labor Day weekend!  I will be going out of 'town' kinda- a GNO (girls night out) with my sisters & mom!! Fun!!!! A very much needed break!! :)

Happy Labor Day!!!


1 comment:

Annie & Mike & 3 Musketeers said...

Just an update before I go 'bye bye' for the Girls outing with my family!! So excited!! My boys are having theirs too!

Nick learned he didn't get into Hillcrest's Shakespeare team :( .... We learned that some of his close friends got.in! Way to go!! We will for sure try to go & see their show in October!!

I saw this in their blog, this is what their director Mr. Long said:

PS---9 th Graders, it looks like Hillcrest theatre has an awesome future in your hands. I look forward to working more with you next year! Thank you so much for coming out and auditioning!

Wow! That's inspiring & NOW Nick is very excited!!

We are proud of him!!!